Based 50 kms south of Dunedin, Pan Pac Forest Products (Otago) operates a modern sawmill, kiln and dry processing plant at Milburn, specialising in cutting appearance grade products for export. Our sawmill is operating on a nine day fortnight roster - day shift only.
As Sawmill Operator, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the mill including grading, bin-sorter, stacker, edger, quad, forklift and loader operation.
As the successful candidate, you must have the following attributes:
- Strong health and safety focus
- Excellent attendance record, a strong work ethic with a proactive "can do" attitude
- Ability to sustain a high level of energy and composure during times of pressure
- Strong manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team, but also with minimal supervision
It would also be desirable to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience driving forklifts or loaders
- Current first aid certificate preferred
- Knowledge of plant reliability, basic preventative maintenance or set up
- Sound judgement with a practical approach to problem solving
All training will be provided on site, but preference will be given to people with timber industry experience.
Pan Pac offers competitive pay rates and staff benefits including,
- Free health insurance
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised work van running from Dunedin
- Free firewood - subject to availability
- Fuel discount card
Pan Pac Otago runs a drug and alcohol-free site. All applicants must be prepared to pass pre-employment and random testing.
Applications online, or call in and fill out an application. Any enquiries to (03) 9044015.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.