Put your learning into action and start your career with us! We value sustainable forestry practices and are looking for innovative ways to shape the future of our industry.
About the opportunity
As a Graduate Forester, you will be provided with a unique platform to launch your career, based at our Whirinaki mill site north of Napier.
You will provide technical and operational support for our Forests team, while also assisting the team to maintain, and continuously improve, key safety, environmental, financial, operational and information objectives. You will gain experience in the wider Pan Pac business and supply chain as part of your initial posting and encouraged to apply for other employment opportunities that may arise within Pan Pac.
As well as surrounding you with a supportive team who are passionate about what they do, we'll provide exceptional mentoring and development to enable your career in Forestry to grow! Pan Pac values the contributions of all employees and provides challenging roles that encourage innovation and development.
We add value to our natural resources. Our business is renewables, and we have been a part of New Zealand's bio-based economy for 50 years. We grow, process, and deliver quality radiata products to national and international markets. Sustainability and safety are the foundations of our business. We have a team of over 450 full time staff and 400 contractors. We care for our people, the environment and our community.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Secure employment
- A supportive learning and development environment
- Reward and recognition
- Flexible work options
- Wellbeing programme
- Free life insurance for you and discounted insurance for your partner
- Subsidised medical insurance for you and your family
- Discounted petrol
- Free flu injections
- Retail discounts
- Annual firewood allocation
- Relocation costs
- Family friendly events
This is not just a desk job! It will give you exposure to a variety of environments; therefore, you'll need to come with a high level of fitness. You'll also need to be flexible, adaptable and able to work outside normal business hours from time to time.
In addition, you need the following to be successful in this role:
- A tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) in Forestry or Forest Engineering/or be in your final year of study
- A strong safety and health ethic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously, but also across many different teams
- Ability to work logically and methodically with good attention to detail
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please apply online at: www.panpac.co.nz/people/careers.