Use your engineering skills to drive improvement and safety in our Pulpmill operations.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our Pulp Operations team to provide engineering expertise and drive improvement and optimisation projects.
In this role you will become an expert in Pulpmill operations. Using your engineering skills, you'll undertake trials and quality and analytical studies on plant performance, to produce performance and environmental reports. You'll identify and implement recommendations that will improve our Pulpmill processes, product quality and safety. You will also be involved in capital projects from start to finish.
This is a rostered role, to meet the 24/7 nature of the business.
- Above market salary
- Secure employment
- A supportive learning and development environment
- Reward and recognition
- Flexible work options
- Wellbeing programme
- Free life insurance for you and your partner
- Subsidised medical insurance for you and your family
- Discounted petrol
- Free flu injections
- Retail discounts
- Annual firewood allocation
- Relocation costs
- Family friendly events
We add value to our natural resources. Our business is renewables, and we have been a part of New Zealand's bio-based economy for 50 years. We grow, process, and deliver quality radiata products to national and international markets. Sustainability and safety are the foundations of our business. We have a team of over 450 full time staff and 400 contractors. We care for our people, the environment and our community.
If you have the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- A strategic thinker who is focused on process improvements to enhance business competitiveness
- The ability to build strong relationships
- Good organisation skills
- A systematic and detailed approach to your work
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, preferably chemical, technology, mechanical or process engineering (or an associated discipline)
- Engineering experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Solid understanding of pumping systems, process control/dynamics and heat/mass transfer processes
- Project management experience
If this sounds like you and you're ready for your next exciting career journey, apply now!