Maintenance Fitter (Night Shift)
- Stable organisation with long history
- Great remuneration and benefits, tool allowance, medical insurance, discount fuel card
- Relocation assistance & temporary accommodation offered.
We have an opportunity for 2 motivated, enthusiastic and skilled Maintenance Fitters to join the maintenance team in the Lumber team located in sunny Hawkes Bay!
About the opportunity
This is a night shift position that includes an attractive remuneration package, with great employee benefits and relocation costs (if applicable). Working in a team of like-minded individuals, you will provide practical mechanical engineering support for all aspects of the Lumber Operational areas. You'll be responsible for ensuring the overall plant availability and reliability by conducting scheduled preventative maintenance tasks and promptly investigating, diagnosing and repairing any machinery breakdowns.
This is a "night shift" position. Rostered 24 hours, 7 days, 1800-0600, 0800-1600, rotating.
About the person
You'll be someone who loves the challenge of a problem, who is mechanically minded and has a strong understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics. This is a night shift position, so you must be proactive and willing to take ownership of any issues arising, prioritising taskings and working cohesively as an integral member of a small shift team. You must able to sustain a high level of energy and composure during times of pressure.
To be successful in this position, you must have the following:
- Strong health and safety focus
- NZQA Level 4 Mechanical Engineering Trade Certificate (or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Strong diagnostic and fault-finding skills with the persistence to find a solution
- Ability to respond quickly to changes in priorities or urgent requirements when they arise
- Sound knowledge of engineering principals, standards and procedures
- Strong work ethic with a proactive "can do" attitude
- An appreciate of LEAN principles would be highly advantageous.
Who are we?
For nearly 50 years, Pan Pac has been growing, processing and delivering quality radiata products to national and international markets. Our business is renewables, and we are proud to be a part of New Zealand's bio-based economy. We value our employees and provide generous remuneration packages including free life insurance, subsidised health insurance, discounted fuel and staff discounts.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, then we'd love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position must also have a NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. Previous applicants need not apply.