Scheduling & Compliance Assistant
Pan Pac Forest Products (Otago) is a modern sawmilling facility based in Milburn approximately 40 minutes south of Dunedin and 20 minutes north of Balclutha, that produces kiln dried appearance grade lumber for domestic and export markets.
This role will suit a tertiary qualified person, or someone working towards a qualification in Front Line, Quality or Logistics management. The role comprises of two main functions,
- The scheduling and tracking of products through the mill to ensure the right products have been cut at the right time, to the right quantities.
- Quality and compliance checks and audits across site.
This role is a mix of computer based and hands on activities.
No experience is required as all training will be provided, however preference will be given to people with the following skills/competencies:
- Health and Safety focused
- Strong computer and data analysis
- Strong work ethic, with a proactive "can do" attitude
- An understanding of "Lean" and "5-S" manufacturing principles
- Effective communication skills
- Approaches things in a methodical and calculated manner
The role reports to the Improvement and Quality Coordinator but also works directly with the Sawmill, Kiln, Drymill, and sales teams.
This role can be seen as a development role where the successful applicant can grow into and develop skills with a career path in multiple directions (scheduling, compliance, production, health and safety).
Staff benefits include:
- Fuel discount card
- Free health insurance
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised timber and firewood (depending on availability)
Pan Pac Otago runs a drug and alcohol-free site. All applicants must be prepared to pass pre-employment and random testing.