Kiln & Boiler Operator
Pan Pac Forest Products (Otago) is a modern sawmilling facility based in Milburn approximately 40 minutes south of Dunedin and 20 minutes north of Balclutha, that produces kiln dried appearance grade lumber for domestic and export markets.
We are looking for an experienced kiln operator or a skilled individual who is willing to learn this critical part of our operation.
In this role you will,
- Operate a continuous kiln, capable of drying 90,000 m3's of lumber per annum,
- Operate a modern 7.5-megawatt boiler
- Load kiln trollies with a 12ton forklift,
- Mix and load boiler fuel with a 15ton bucket loader,
- Have the opportunity to gain NZQA accredited units in solid wood processing,
- Have the opportunity to gain a National Certificate in boiler operations,
No experience is required as all training will be provided on site, however preference will be given to people with experience in solid wood processing or similar roles.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have the following attributes:
- Strong Health and Safety focus,
- Ability to work shifts and weekends as required,
- Strong focus on plant reliability,
- An understanding of "Lean" and "5-S" manufacturing principles,
- Strong work ethic, with a proactive "can do" attitude,
- Be a good communicator including use of emails,
- Have minimum level 2 NCEA,
Staff benefits include,
- Fuel discount card
- Free health insurance
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised timber and firewood (depending on availability),
Pan Pac Otago runs a drug and alcohol-free site. All applicants must be prepared to pass pre-employment and random testing.