Techncial Development Manager
Grow your career by joining a Forestry company that values sustainable forestry practices whilst looking for innovative ways to shape and support the future of our industry.
What's the opportunity?
We're looking for an experienced Technical Development Manager to join our Corporate Division based at our Whirinaki mill site in sunny Hawkes Bay!
In this role you will advise and develop technical requirements for the Pan Pac business communicating between Pan Pac and our shareholder Oji Holdings Limited as well as liaise with Oji Green Resources for all technical, environmental and safety matters.
Critical to this role is the ability to support the business with your strong Japanese business acumen and understanding of Japanese culture. You will support Pan Pac in acting as a key Japanese liaison bringing an understanding of their business processes to assist in developing and maintaining relationships, technical compliance requirements, capital project developments and approvals whilst ensuring documentation & reporting requirements are achieved.
What you'll bring?
You'll be dealing with a number of internal stakeholders so you'll need to have exceptional interpersonal skills with a practical and logical approach to problem solving.
Along with this you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in business, industrial engineering, chemical engineering or operations
- The ability to speak and write technical information in both Japanese and English
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Industrial experience within a Japanese manufacturing company
- Knowledge of shareholder policies, procedures and processes
- Proficient knowledge of Japanese business documentation and methodologies, especially those associated with effective communication of technical information.
- Strong analytical skills including a strong aptitude for business modelling
What you'll get in return
Pan Pac values the contributions of all employees and in return will provide a challenging role encouraging innovation and development. Along with this, there are a range of benefits such as staff discounts on fuel and at local businesses in Hawkes Bay, training and development, free health checks and subsidised health insurance.