Health & Safety Co-ordinator
We have a vacancy for an experienced individual with practical experience in the Health and Safety field who has a passion for improving safety.
About the opportunity
Based at our Whirinaki mill site, this is seen a critical role reporting to the Operations Manager - Lumber division. You will be pivotal in driving improvements in Health and Safety processes and reducing risk across the Lumber plant.
No day will be the same as you'll be involved in:
- Investigating and assessing new ways of reducing risk and assisting line managers with implementation.
- "Closing the loop" in relation to safety incidents/events, ensuring we have the right processes to capture the learnings.
- Providing guidance and assistance with isolation procedures and other safety documentation.
- Helping the ongoing development of a risk management culture.
- Engaging with employees at all levels over safety and Health issues
- Influencing at both operational and strategic levels.
- Providing input to, and actively promoting, the business's Health and Safety strategy.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the Health and Safety field by participating in educational opportunities that may present, and advising the wider team
About the person
We're looking for someone who has proven health and safety experience, preferably in an industrial setting who isn't afraid to get their "hands dirty". You'll be a seasoned pro in leading and implementing health and safety systems, processes and practices ensuring compliance to Health & Safety legislation and regulation.
To be successful in the role you will;
- Be tertiary qualified in Health & Safety or actively studying towards a qualification.
- Have working knowledge & experience with Health & Safety legislation
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Have strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Powerpoint),
- Have exceptional written and oral skills, and ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Have previous experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in wood processing
This is a fantastic hands-on role that will offer you career development, a great working environment and challenge. Therefore, we need someone who is self-motivated with high levels of energy to get the job done. If this sounds like you or someone you know, then we'd love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position must also have a NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.