Maintenance Fitter - Night Shift
We have an opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and skilled tradesperson to join the maintenance team in the Lumber division at our Whirinaki mill site.
Working in a team of like-minded individuals, you will provide practical mechanical engineering support for all aspects of the Lumber Operations areas to ensure optimal performance of the plant is achieved. You will have a strong focus on plant reliability, investigate and resolve all breakdowns and failures promptly and seek continuous improvement opportunities to further enhance the reliability of our plant.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have the following attributes:
- NZQA Level 4 Mechanical Engineering Trade Certificate (or similar)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Sound knowledge of engineering principals, standards and procedures
- Good diagnostic and fault-finding skills and ability to introduce effective solutions on a timely basis
- Strong work ethic with a proactive "can do" attitude
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a team but also with minimal supervision
- Ability to respond quickly to changes in priorities or urgent requirements when they arise
- Ability to sustain a high level of energy and composure during times of pressure
- Strong health and safety focus
This is a "night shift" position. Rostered 24 hours, 7 days, 1800-0600, 0800-1600, rotating.
An appreciation of LEAN principles would all be highly advantageous.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.