- Relocation & Temporary accommodation assistance
- Stable organisation in a regional location
- Great remuneration and benefits
We have an opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated and energetic Forest Engineer to join our Forests team, where your core focus will be to ensure we maximise the potential of our forest resources.
About the role
As the Forest Engineer, you will provide harvest planning and engineering solutions, expertise in road design and construction while maintaining and improving our safety, environmental and financial objectives
This role has a great mix of in field and office-based work providing a wide variety of activities to be involved in, such as:
- Preparing operational harvesting plans
- Planning road and landing layouts
- Supervision of engineering and quarry operations
- Resource consents & traffic management plans.
- Assessing and validating planning options for our logging and roading operations
- Preparing budgets, forecasting and project cost analysis
- Estimating engineering productivity targets
- Maintaining forest engineering databases.
About the person
We're looking for someone that can think outside the square and come up with innovative solutions. You'll be able to develop and foster good relationships with regulatory authorities, Iwi, neighbours and other stakeholders and draw on your experience to challenge the ‘status quo" and drive process improvements and efficiencies across our forest engineering operations.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Strong health and safety and environmental focus
- A tertiary qualification in forestry or an associated forestry discipline
- High level of computer literacy in GIS, engineering and harvest planning software
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in harvest planning and forest roading in difficult terrain
- Experience with and in planning for cable logging operations
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player
- High level of fitness
As this role requires regular travel into our forests and private woodlots, a full NZ Drivers Licence (class 1) is mandatory. A company vehicle will be provided.
For nearly 50 years, Pan Pac has been growing, processing and delivering quality radiata products to national and international markets. Our business is renewables and we are proud to be a part of New Zealand's bio-based economy. Pan Pac has a permanent workforce of over 400 staff. The safety and wellbeing of our people are paramount. We are in exciting phase in our business where we implementing strategic goals focused on culture development and building greater sustainability.
If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you.