Forest Business Modeller
We have an opportunity for a self-motivated individual with exceptional business modelling skills to join our Forests team at our Whirinaki mill site north of Napier.
In this newly created role you will be responsible for improving the forestry division's business simulation and analytical capability. You will take ownership and become the expert user of our Remsoft application and deliver modelling tools that provide an optimal platform to deliver forest wood supply plans and financial forecasts. You will also provide technical support for initiatives that further grow our forestry business and enhance profitability.
To be successful in this role you must be capable of working independently in a small dynamic team, have a strong aptitude for modelling, analysing business processes and managing large volumes of data. You will have a business focused approach, a keen eye for detail and be capable of conceptualising and resolving difficult problems.
You will also ideally have the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Forestry, Business or Operations Research
- 5 years+ in a business modelling role within a primary industry
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and queries
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of Remsoft and ArcGIS preferred
- A pro-active "can do" attitude