Located at our Whirinaki mill site, north of Napier, we have an opportunity for a Technical Administrator to undertake a 12 month fixed term role in our Lumber division.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to demonstrate and develop skills in the area of safety improvement. Your primary focus is to assist further developing and implementing the Permit to Work system, provide clarification and development of the system to increase its efficiency and to assist others in understanding their PTW tasks (training and coaching).
The position would suit a motivated individual with a high level of energy and enthusiasm and good people skills to fulfill a range of key administration functions including:
- Development and implementation of the new Permit to Work (PTW) System:
- Establishment of a Permit Issue Centre
- Development and management of Job Safety Analysis and Safe Operating Procedures
- Standardisation and refinement of key documents (such as isolation procedures)
- Configuration management and document control
- Assist the Maintenance Planner by preparing documentation in advance of weekend maintenance shuts and other planned high risk activities
- Ensure permits are prepared for review and issue
- Ensure associated documentation is present
- Assist with technical research in support of major maintenance projects [secondary responsibility as time allows]
- Other general administrative and technical administration functions including:
- Updating technical manuals
- Electronic filing
- Management of Change - updates, documentation review
- Timesheets and general admin
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have the following attributes:
- Industrial or process background with sound mechanical and industrial plant knowledge
- Proven track record in continuous improvement of health and safety systems
- Disciplined, system orientated and confident in their outlook
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good level of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office software e.g. Excel, Word and SharePoint.
This is a "day" position, working flexible hours - Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm. For the right candidate, hours of work could be negotiated further to meet our mutual needs.
During the 12 months term of this role, a review of the system will determine if there is the need for ongoing duties of a permanent Technical Administrator.